The only Italian restaurant to rank in the prestigious Travel+Leisure Awards among Shanghai’s top 5 Best Restaurants in 2009, Va Bene Shanghai offers authentic Italian provincial cuisine prepared from only the finest quality imported ingredients by Michelin star Chef Corrado Michelazzo.
With its creatively inspired menu, smart sophisticated surroundings, and warm and welcoming ambiance, Va Bene is undoubtedly a world-class landmark on Shanghai’s cosmopolitan dining scene.
Essentially Tuscan in its inspiration, the restaurant’s interior – by Hong Kong-based Hugh Zimmern - is a harmony of natural materials that reflect the warmth and comfort that lie at the very heart of traditional Italian dining.
- Alaska cod fish with pepper sauce and lemon foam.
- Australian veal shank with saffron risotto and sautéed vegetables.
- Homemade black noodles with clams, zucchini and fresh tomatoes.
- Langoustines bon bon with smoked foie gras, orange sauce and caviar avruga.
- Prawns with cream of asparagus and quail egg.
- Risotto with scampi, buffalo cream and raw tomato.
- Slice sea bass in a crust of olives with cream potatoes and fried artichokes.
- Coffee risotto with smoked duck liver.
- Deep fried parmesan cheese ball, eggplant mousse, parmesan foam and parmesan cheese ice cream.
- Grilled Australian beef tenderloin with porcini mushroom, pan fried goose liver and marsala sauce.
- Chocolate ball stuffed with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate fondue.
Wine List: Impressive wine cellar of handpicked regional Italian and French wines, champagnes and grappas.
Capacity: Ground Floor – 150 guests in total
Main Dining Room – 50
Conservatory – 60
Hunting Room – 16
Wine Room – 20
Upper level dining Area – 60 guests total
Dress Code: Smart casual.
Private Events: The restaurant has several private rooms well suited to higher level corporate entertaining in addition to larger spaces well suited to smaller scale events or private parties that can be booked individually or in combination.
Opening Hours: Lunch 11:30 – 3:00pm
Dinner: 6:00 to 10:30pm, Sun – Thurs.
Dinner: 6:00 to 11:00pm, Fri - Sat
Location: House 7 North Block, Xintiandi Lane 181, Taicang Road, Shanghai 200021 PRC.
Reservations Tel: +86(21)6311.2211
Parking: Xintiandi underground car park.